Saturday, February 15

Just Two Midwest Girls scrap challenge: Our Downtown Adventure mini album.


Happy Saturday!  We're posting a day late on our challenge this week because I'm a little under the weather.  First things first: the winner of our challenge is Heather Adams!  Please email Heather at heather.sweet12@gmail.com and she will email you your $5 Two Peas gift card!


For our next challenge, we thought it would be fun to do a color challenge.  I've never done a color challenge before, so this was super fun for me!  Heather picked these beautiful colors, perfect for the snowy winter we're having.


Album Details:  Album measures 8x8 and pages measure 6x6.  Total number of pages: 10 (front and back used).

Products used:  I recently purchased Fancy Pants' Blissful Blizzard collection from my local scrapbook store and the colors were perfect for our challenge.  The album is from American Crafts that I purchased at Michaels.

Highlights: 
  • repetition and consistency: to create a good flow to the album, all of the photos are sized 4x6 and matted with a white border.  All of the pages have white paint for texture.
  • journaling: the journaling is written from the point of view of my cousin, Anthony.  I wanted it to read like a story and kept the journaling minimal and spread out.
  • embellishments: I used minimal embellishing in this album in order to keep the focus on the photos and story.
Our Downtown Adventure:  "One December day, we went on a downtown adventure.  We took the L train through the tall buildings into the City.  Our first stop was the Bean.  There were so many people, but it was fun finding our reflections in the Bean.  We went to Marshall Fields, bought some Frango mints and Starbucks hot chocolate and visited the big Christmas tree.  We could look down into the Walnut Room and see the huge presents under the tree.  Thenwe  took the elevator all the way down: 8 floors!!!  We got more hot chocolate and decided to go ice skating.  We had to wait in a really long line, almost 2 hours!  While we waited, we watched people skating (and falling).  And we had fun kicking around big snowballs until they broke or we kicked them in between people.  Finally it was our turn.  It was my first time!  I only fell twice.  David didn't want to go, so it was just me, Kelly, and Bobby.  Bobby could skate really fast.  Kelly took me around lots of times, but going with Bobby was more fun.  I loved ice skating so much and didn't want to leave. We ended our day eating dinner at Ronnie's Steakhouse, then took the L train back home.
 
 Here's the rest of the album:














Play along and win!  We decided to switch it up for this challenge, so play along for your chance to win a Fancy Pants' Blissful Blizzard 6x6 pad!  You have until February 27th at 8:00 p.m. (CST) to link up your project.  Remember, your project can be a previously created project.  Can't wait to see what you share!

4 comments:

  1. Love minis, they are a great way to show your personal style. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this album!
    Here's my color challenge: http://itsmylife-jen.blogspot.com/2014/02/scrap-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely album. I did a card for this. I posted it on your FB page. http://mjskraze.blogspot.com/2014/03/oh-we-are-so-sweet-together-card.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments!